Soroptimist International of Singapore (Garden City) [SISGC] was chartered on 6 November 2006. SISGC was the second club chartered in Singapore by Soroptimist International of the South West Pacific (SISWP).
President of Club: Triena Ong (2016-2017)
Visit our: Official Website
Meeting date: every 3rd Monday of the month from 7.00-9.30pm
Meeting venue: SCWO Centre at 96 Waterloo Street, 187967
Projects by members of SISGC:
- 2006 Push-cart Sale Fundraising for needy students and Mayflower Secondary School in Aug 2006 and subsequent yearly supports.
- 2007 Climbathon in aid of Tanglin-Cairnhill PCF & SISGC Education Fund. Guest-of-Honour, MP for Tg Pagar GRC, Ms Indranee Rajah. 100 participants in Kent Ridge Park.
- 2007 hair cutting for residents of Sree Narayana Home for the Aged Sick with Past President, Linda Gan, sharpening her skills and co-ordinating with volunteers at frequencies of yearly quarters todate.
- Yearly sponsorships of tea receptions/lunches/entertainment for Singapore Cheshire Home.
- Volunteering at Hort Park in the planting of plants and vegetation, including the installation of member, Dr Elsie Yu’s Chinese character sculpture on “All is Well” during the opening of the Therapeutic Park helpful for dementia.
- Contribution of ang pows to handicaps residents held in Kovan area during Chinese New Year dinner parties.
- Joint project with Miss Singapore International Women’s Day to raise funds for SISGC projects.
- 2016 dinner at Nepalese Restaurant to raise funds for Soroptimist International project “Nepal Earthquake victims”
- Spearheaded by member, Sculpture Artist, Dr Elsie Yu, joint event parties and outings with Henderson CC for children of the underprivileged families, including the printing of postcards of children art-drawing at Gardens by the Bay.